The world of mobile affiliates marketing has become a topic that is confusing to anybody trying to do research into mobile and online business opportunities. The whole business of mobile apps has become comparable to the actual buying and selling of domain names and websites online. The app itself has become (to advertisers and publishers) what content has been to a traditional website. A good app or good content is what determines your success or failure in the online marketing business.
App marketing alone is such a huge topic that we will need to devote more time and articles to it at another time. Today the focus will be more of an overview of mobile opportunities.
If you are in the business of making money online you need to pay attention to the following facts:
- The average American spends almost 3 hours a day on their mobile device.
- The world is developing into a phone-centric society with over 2 billion smart-phone users.
- Over one half of mobile phone users, use mobile as their primary source for online activities.
- Over 70% of tablet users will purchase online from their tablets each week.
As an online business owner it is imperative that you provide your mobile viewers with a user friendly and easy to navigate version of your website. If you don’t pay attention to it right from the conception then you could be dropping the ball on what could eventually become as much as half your business.
Mobile shopping is and will continue to be a vital component to any business. Traditional online marketers must adapt or be left behind. Things, especially technology, change so quickly now that business models sure don’t last as long as they use to. The desktop market is not going to disappear anytime soon, but to limit yourself to it is probably not the best strategy for growth.
Here are some tips to make your site more user friendly:
- Keep your navigation and design simple and easy to understand. If the user has trouble moving around your site they will leave.
- Make sure that your site loads quickly, there is nothing more annoying than long running script delays especially when navigating between pages.
- Research your themes carefully giving special attention to the developers comments about ability to manage mobile settings and the built in abilities to make loading faster.
- Make sure that your web design is responsive and adapts to the different screen sizes of desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Test your site often on all sizes and formats to make sure there are no broken links or problems.
- Remember to keep it simple for all content and layout, todays viewer is speed driven and has literally millions of other options with the click of a key.
It has become easier to choose and maintain a web design that is mobile and tablet friendly. In todays market it is an absolute priority to simplify and optimise your users mobile experience in any way possible.
Thanks for your time, Don
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions below.